• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

New to me

FFGO

Total Posts
Total likes
I recently acquired this 1968 CB250 from the original owner. Apparently she rode it from Peterborough Ontario to Kelowna BC on more than one occasion. I want to document her story and return the bike to the way it was in its glory days.

Attachments

• 128715D5-FF00-4F03-B410-A5F405DA961C.jpg
    128715D5-FF00-4F03-B410-A5F405DA961C.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 37
This where I am at today. Just went for a burn around the block, once it was fully warmed up it would rev past 6k. I guess it needs a better tune but I'm not sure where to start. Any help?
The bike is a 250 but I bolted in a 350 and will work on the 250 later.
IMG_4565-1.jpg
My idea was to do a bit of a tribute to the RC166 and retain the blue/silver for the lady that used to ride this.
It is definitely a 20 footer!
I have started a draft of the story of this bike as she and her husband told me.
I'll post it next....

This where I am at today. Just went for a burn around the block, once it was fully warmed up it would rev past 6k. I guess it needs a better tune but I'm not sure where to start. Any help?
I would start with the advancer to be sure it's moving fully open and closed. Not revving till hot maybe lack of advance or sticking cold. From there timing.

I have started a draft of the story of this bike as she and her husband told me.

That should be an interesting read, looking forward to it.

Since this section is for Pictures and Videos, you'll need to start a repair thread in the 250/350/360 Ignition section for any further diagnosis and discussion.

Back
Top Bottom