• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

4into1 website issues?

12ozPBR

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I have to say up front I have always been an advocate for 4into1 and the affordable parts they offer for vintage Hondas. They are normally my first source when searching for parts. I have bought quite a bit over the years with very good service.

However, lately I have noticed the quality of their website has diminished. It started with something as simple as less products displayed on a page requiring a user to scroll through as many as 20+ pages to view all available products for a particular model. Mind you this is all while using their search feature for a particular model. In the past their website did not do this and you could see as many as 30-40 products displayed on a total of less than 10 pages. OK, I get it, that’s a minor inconvenience.

Yesterday, I searched a model of Honda just like I have always done over the last 8-10 years and experienced the same situation I described above along with the added frustration of now not being able to hit the back button on the browser without getting a “file not found” error. So in other words, anytime I add something to my cart or view the specifics of a particular item, I am unable to resume my search and must reinitiate it from the beginning. Obviously this is incredibly frustrating and led me to giving up before placing an order.

If that isn’t enough, I kindly emailed them to explain the issues I was having with their website and I got a simple one sentence response that did not address my problems directly but simply told me how I should use their search function. MF, I know how to search for parts, I’ve done it on your site for years, but now it is next to impossible!!! :angry:

Anyway, pardon my rant, my question for others is have any of you that are familiar with the functionality of the 4into1 website experienced any similar issues?

I just checked out the site again as its been probably a year or so since I was last on there and I don't really notice any difference or any issues with doing the tasks you note above. I wonder if it may be a browser/device specific issue? On a page I see 60 items (which is good) and no issues hitting back button after adding something to my cart.

Just to clarify my use case, I first navigated to the products for my particular model ('72 CB350 K4) and could then apply the filters on the left hand column to reduce the products. Seemed to work well albeit a bit slow at times. I also just did a separate site wide search for 'coil' and the experience was the same although there were less products shown on each page (12 compared to 60).

I hear you though, it can be pretty frustrating trying to find stuff when it fights you every step of the way.

I can't speak to it either but I haven't bought anything from them in about 6 months or so. I'll have to check it out since 4into1 has been one of my go-to sites for over 5 years.

I’ve had the issues mentioned above. Their old site was far faster and less buggy for sure. I open up parts i click on in a new window, and that solves the weirdness when going back a page.

I just checked out their site after reading the post by "12oz" as I am a few weeks from rolling out the old K5 CL 450 for some summer updates (parts) and maintenance and I found no issues. However, that being said, as HerrDeacon mentioned, it could be a device/browser issue for sure. I just spent the last 2.5 years teaching myself web development (for personal projects) and depending on if something was coded for mobile it may not function well for pc/mac and vice versa.

One can also code for pc/mac first and then for tablet and then mobile. Pc/mac have a wide viewport and tablet less and mobile even less, so it's a sort of balancing act to be all things to all users. Now add browser updates, different OSs, (I am still using win 7 with FF) to it and it becomes even harder for a vendor to have a non-buggy site. Add to this the apparent shortage of workers willing to fill openings in almost all areas including web dev and... you get the drift.

4into1 has 3 job openings on their site: warehouse manager, warehouse worker and customer service. They may be struggling to find good help which may affect all parts of their business. I have purchased items from them in the past and will continue to support them going forward if at all possible.

12oz I feel your frustration and can only hope you will continue to support those vendors that were helpful in the past as we need those going forward. Also we, (as buyers/riders) may not know what difficulties those venders are going through in todays business environment.

4into1 has 3 job openings on their site: warehouse manager, warehouse worker and customer service. They may be struggling to find good help which may affect all parts of their business. I have purchased items from them in the past and will continue to support them going forward if at all possible.
Plus being in the SF Bay Area means they have to offer a high wage just to attract resumes.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I just tried using Chrome instead of Safari but have the same exact issues as before so I guess I can rule out the browser. I’ll try Middletons good idea of opening an additional window and maybe I can at least get the parts I need ordered without too much frustration. I still welcome any additional comments from anyone with good/ bad/ normal experiences while searching or ordering from 4into1 as it will perhaps help me determine if it is my aging iPad causing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom