• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Looking for current source for tires on a '72 Cb175

ALBeix

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I searched the forum and the only threads I can find are from 2020 and earlier.

Has anyone located a source for the 2.25-18 and 3.25-18 tires or metric equivalents that these bikes need.

In Canada or that will ship to Canada??

I'm assuming you checked with Fortnine

Yup, No luck there. When I find the front I cannot find the rear in the same brand/model/tread pattern Same applies to finding rear and looking for front.

The other rub is I can find them in the US but not at suppliers that ship to Canada - Grrrr!

The other rub is I can find them in the US but not at suppliers that ship to Canada - Grrrr!

That's the part I find unusual. International flights are still coming and going all over the world but we can't ship across a border on the same continent.

Yup, No luck there. When I find the front I cannot find the rear in the same brand/model/tread pattern Same applies to finding rear and looking for front.

The original tires HAD different tread patterns.... The CB front was a "ribbed" tire and the rear had a more "cleat type" appearance.......

The original tires HAD different tread patterns.... The CB front was a "ribbed" tire and the rear had a more "cleat type" appearance.......

But I bet they were both from the same Mfgr.

IE designed to play nice together.

My '71 CL175 has 3.00x18 Cheng Shin front and rear. The front does clear the fender inside the fork legs - but not by much. edit: I'd love to see a pic of your ST90. It was my first bike.

I searched the forum and the only threads I can find are from 2020 and earlier.

Has anyone located a source for the 2.25-18 and 3.25-18 tires or metric equivalents that these bikes need.

In Canada or that will ship to Canada??

So, after two days of searching I finally found a source for the Correct size tires in Canada at https://tripleclampmoto.ca/.

Now I just need to find a 2.75-18 inner tube.

OK Let's try this.

Does anyone know if 1 3.00-18 tire will fit on a 72 CB175?

As I said earlier, 3.00-18 is the correct size for the CB175 rear tyre.

Back in the day, 1973, my new CB175 came fitted with Dunlop Gold Seal tyres, made in Japan. Ribbed front 2.75-18 and 3.00-18 rear, which had a tread pattern similar to a UK Dunlop K70. Very soft rubber, gripped very well wet or dry, but didn't last long.

Replaced with an Avon Speedmaster 2.75-18 ribbed front, and a Dunlop TT100 3.60-18 on the rear. Rear tyre too large in theory, on the 1.60 rim, but worked well in practice, able to get the footpegs down, although the front Avon was actually running on the sidewall when leant over that far.

Back
Top Bottom