• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Carburetor Identification question

Boxbike

Total Posts
Total likes
After watching a "how to" video on identifying carbs, I'm thinking I have a left hand Mid Style carb and a right hand Early Style carb.

I'm hoping someone can confirm with the pictures below.

If that is indeed what I have, should I get a replacement for one or the other so that they are both the same style? If so, which style should I go with as a pair? This is assuming that it wouldn't be a good idea to run 2 different style carbs....

jCD6ayAl.jpg

TixWI6el.jpg

uyUvXKOl.jpg

FCMZZLzl.jpg

omvYUcyl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Look on the spine between the throttle side mouth and the top cover. You should see a stamped number. That number will tell you what carb you have. Compare the numbers between the two carbs to determine if they are the same.

The newer round-float carbs (3D and 722A) are much easier to get parts for, so if the older one isn’t one of those, I’d replace it with a newer one to match your other carb.

My LH carb is stamped 3D and the RH carb is stamped 350A.
I'll be looking for a RH 3D carb if anyone has one and is open to selling or trading.
Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom