• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CD175 R/h switchblock

reeboguj

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi Everyone,

I have what may be a silly question,in the wiring diagram on my CD175 what does the DY and SE stand for? The yellow and yellow/white wires go straight to the generator. How does this relate to the headlight switch?

Thanks, Reeboguj.

Hi Everyone,

I have what may be a silly question,in the wiring diagram on my CD175 what does the DY and SE stand for? The yellow and yellow/white wires go straight to the generator. How does this relate to the headlight switch?

IIRC, DY stands for 'Day', SE for (not sure) headlight. Both go thru the rectifier to become DC to the battery.

It should be easy to get a better explanation here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the following answer to a very similar question on another forum. The question on the other forum related to CL70 and the response is not mine...I'm simply suggesting this might answer your question as well. Wiring colours don't seem to match your bike but the concept might apply to your situation. Apologies if this is somehow in violation of any forum rules.

DY = Dynamo

SE = Selenium

The Dynamo features a permanent magnet rotor, so the faster it is turned, the more AC it generates. Technically a Dynamo is an alternator.

Your bike's Dynamo is unlike the automotive Alternator with its electric magnet rotor, where by varying Voltage to the magnet, AC output is altered.

Selenium rectifier was OEM on your bike, so the SE implies a connection to the rectifier.

Reason for this connection: with headlight ON, the DY winding White is connected via handlebar switch, to the Yellow which feeds the Rectifier. This boosts charge Amps to accomodate the headlight load. With headlight OFF, that DY winding is disconnected, preventing the battery from overcharging and boiling the electrolyte. The Yellow and Pink windings generate just enough charge to run everything but the headlight.

Apologies if this is somehow in violation of any forum rules.

Troy, sharing any information here is always our goal, so no matter where it was found (including that other forum) it is in no way a violation, so no worries. You can link directly to anyone else's page for those purposes, no problem with it whatsoever. If it comes from our old home I'll modify it so it isn't obvious.

Troy, sharing any information here is always our goal, so no matter where it was found (including that other forum) it is in no way a violation, so no worries. You can link directly to anyone else's page for those purposes, no problem with it whatsoever. If it comes from our old home I'll modify it so it isn't obvious.

In that case here is the link to that source. Perhaps this will help reeboguj with his question. The answer is supplied by Jon Pardue. Although I don't recall seeing him here, many regard Jon as something of a 6volt guru and he has helped me out with 6 volt stuff in the past. Probably a reliable source in this case

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hon...ng-diagram-headlight-dimmer-switch-t5467.html

Back
Top Bottom