• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Luggage rack for a 73 (K4) CL175

ckahleer

Total Posts
Total likes
Luggage rack for a 73 (K7) CL175

I'm setting up my 73 CL175 as an every day run about. Need a rack for those trips to the grocrey store. Will a rack for a CB175 K3/K4 fit?

Well, the answer is no. At least not without modifying the seat pan and accepting the seat only opening 1/4 of the way.
Fortunatly, the seat pan is metal and I was able to use a pipe clamp and squeeze the back of the seat making it 2" narrower.
Without removing the luggage rack, the seat can only be slightly opened, as it hits the rack"s right support rail.
I will accept it this way, as I require a rack, and hope I do not need to get under the seat often.
IMG_20220621_195117162.jpgIMG_20220621_195244956.jpg

There is actually quite a bit of difference between the K4/K5 frames and the K6/K7 frames, mainly to do with the seat hinges and rear support for the seat. Earlier bikes had a rear hinged seat, later ones side hinged with a proper seat lock.

Frames are otherwise identical in the important areas, engine and suspension mounts. I rebuilt my K4 175 into a K6 frame, just needed the matching tank and seat.

Back
Top Bottom