• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

D.I.D or RK chain

Albert

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi guys, I'm going to try an X-Ring sealed chain now, but I've not been able to decide between RK and D.I.D, for what I've been reading so far it depends on each one experience, anyway I'd like to hear your opinions about this, thanks again for the help (y)

I prefer D.I.D. chains, but I use lighter, non o-ring chains on lower powered bikes.

I like both chains. I only use the O-ring(similar to X) on the road bike due to riding conditions that can vary from heavy rain to extreme heat. For normal everyday type bikes and riding I'm using conventional chains, of course that's required with the 350's but the CB400T1 could run anything I choose.
Biggest thing you can do to make the chain live is lube it every 300 miles with chain lube, not oils or WD40.

I choosed the X-ring because according to manufacturers and sellers, it has half the friction compared to an O-Ring chain, anyway I know I'm going to lose maybe a couple of HP due to this friction, but I'll gain an extended life chain and save some money on the process, of course it doesn't matter wich chain type I have, it won't last what it should if I don't lube it, I'll keep digging into this to find the sealed chain I want, but with less friction available, thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom