• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

carb overflow line routing and choke

Herb400t

Total Posts
Total likes
I'm ALMOST finished my rebuild of '80 cm400t (FIVE years on!). final stretch. but some minor details to work out, like following:

I'm not sure if the carb overflow lines should pass over top and go behind swing arm axle or in front and so that they run between swing arm and crankcase.?

also, I've reposition choke but I'm not sure that it's functioning correctly; rather than slowing closes after being pulled out, the knob just snaps shut. maybe that's how it's suppose to function OR I need to make an adjustment at cable end where it attaches to carb? ....or??

IMG_8300.JPG

I'm ALMOST finished my rebuild of '80 cm400t (FIVE years on!). final stretch. but some minor details to work out, like following:

I'm not sure if the carb overflow lines should pass over top and go behind swing arm axle or in front and so that they run between swing arm and crankcase.?

also, I've reposition choke but I'm not sure that it's functioning correctly; rather than slowing closes after being pulled out, the knob just snaps shut. maybe that's how it's suppose to function OR I need to make an adjustment at cable end where it attaches to carb? ....or??

The cable tension adjustment is the plastic cap nut up at the pull-knob end......

gentlemen, so sorry for the VERY tardy response. At 65 years-old, I get easily distracted AND I also often have a hard time remembering what I did 5 mins ago.
The choke is solved and the overflow lines are in correct location, so Thanks again!

That's perfectly fine, all you missed was a long day of forum closure while we changed server hosts :)

Back
Top Bottom