• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Carburettor set up advice cb200

Smudger

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi chaps

It's a glorious day here in sunny Scotland on this Easter Monday!!!

Ok, here's where we are.

Carburettors both taken off bike and disassembled. Cleaned in ultrasonic cleaner. Checked both jets for foreign bodies before reinsertion. Checked shutoff that it works, and it does.
Put the 2 screw in things into side of carb, one of them inserted all the way and then unscrewed by 1.25 turns.
Reassembled, put back on bike, attached air filters, and bunged on temporary tank with sort of fresh fuel.
No leaks, no overflows.

I did the lolly sticks thing to ensure both slides moving simultaneously, and fortunately they were.

Bike will start no problem, but you need to keep giving it the welly.

So bike does not even want to idle.

What should be my starting point?

I had been lulled into false sense of how easy this was, as the previous bike I did the exact same set of tasks and it all worked first time.

Any suggestions as usual will be much appreciated

Thanks

David

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Start bike and hold throttle to have/maintain 1300 RPM.....Gently screw one carbs throttle stop screw (the knurled, centered, and longer ones) until rpms rise then slowly back it out to 1300....
Repeat process on other carb, then release hand throttle..... Should now have 1300 tickover speed.....We'll optimize mixtures and balance airflow once you get that far.....

PS.... Are you SURE correct slide is in each carb?.... They are easily transposed and can prevent idle.... Cut-aways MUST face rearward towards air filters...

Wish it wasn't so expensive to phone or I'd gladly guide you step by step during the call......

Last edited:
Start bike and hold throttle to have/maintain 1300 RPM.....Gently screw one carbs throttle stop screw (the knurled, centered, and longer ones) until rpms rise then slowly back it out to 1300....
Repeat process on other carb, then release hand throttle..... Should now have 1300 tickover speed.....We'll optimize mixtures and balance airflow once you get that far.....

PS.... Are you SURE correct slide is in each carb?.... They are easily transposed and can prevent idle.... Cut-aways MUST face rearward towards air filters...

Wish it wasn't so expensive to phone or I'd gladly guide you step by step during the call......
Hi

I have checked the slides, I am pretty certain that they are in correctly

Thanks for that so far. I will be able to check tomorrow. Things got waylaid today by a sick cat, so I am off to the vet now

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

David

Everything now working very well.

Even better than I could have hoped.

Engine starts on the button with a little choke, and then will idle quietly away.

Thanks for starter for 10 as Bamber used to say.

If only the lighting was as easy.....

Thanks

David

Lighting (electrical) IS easy.......Where are you stuck?

Also, Please translate this to american English... "Thanks for starter for 10 as Bamber used to say."

Lighting (electrical) IS easy.......Where are you stuck?

Also, Please translate this to american English... "Thanks for starter for 10 as Bamber used to say."
There used to be a TV show in UK called University Challenge. It was hosted by a chap named Bamber Gascoigne. The premise of show was 2 teams from different universities. Before they could even score, they had to answer a question. And Bamber would say "A starter for 10", and would proceed with question. It is an oft used phrase in places where I have worked. If you are asked to do something, you might respond with "you will need to give me a starter for 10'

Hopefully it hasn't lost too much in translation

I have posted my electric question under electrical

Thanks

David

There used to be a TV show in UK called University Challenge. It was hosted by a chap named Bamber Gascoigne. The premise of show was 2 teams from different universities. Before they could even score, they had to answer a question. And Bamber would say "A starter for 10", and would proceed with question. It is an oft used phrase in places where I have worked. If you are asked to do something, you might respond with "you will need to give me a starter for 10'

Hopefully it hasn't lost too much in translation

I have posted my electric question under electrical

Thanks

David

https://youtu.be/ljIJeuzOUOo

I remember a rude joke concerning a disappointed young lady and Bamber Gascoigne, punch line being ' it's your starter for 10 '.

Back
Top Bottom