• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

A couple of questions about the exhaust flange/head area '69 CB350

ausman1000

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
First question: What is the purpose of the semi circle cut away in the lower section of the exhaust opening?

Second question: I have exhaust spacers that are 1" deep however the total depth of the head recess is 1.5". Do I have the wrong spacers?

Thanks

ex.jpgexh.jpg

You MAY have the wrong spacers for the pipes you are using....Those will be fine/correct IF your headers have a ~1/2" wide band around them for those to press upon...
IF the headers simply have an ~1mm folded flange, you need the longer spacers.....

Untitled.png

You MAY have the wrong spacers for the pipes you are using....Those will be fine/correct IF your headers have a ~1/2" wide band around them for those to press upon...
IF the headers simply have an ~1mm folded flange, you need the longer spacers.....

View attachment 13829

Based on that info I reckon I'm looking good!

clue.jpg

Hmmm... so what is the purpose of the semi circle cut away in the lower section of the exhaust opening?

ex.jpg

I've never really understood why Honda did that, but I'm sure they had a good reason. It's immaterial to what you need to get your exhaust fitted though. Be sure to put the spacers (collars) into the head with the pipe as shown in the fiche.

Back
Top Bottom