• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Any brand preferred when looking for a replacement petcock?

ALBeix

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Title pretty much says it all. I ned a new petcock on my 83 CM450E. Honda has discontinued it so does anyone have a brand and part number that they used with success?

My petcock has only one outlet at 90 degrees to the connection to the tank. the nut is 20 MM.

Jumping-ge-hosafat - the petcock world is confusing for my 83 CM450E.

CMSNL says is it part number - 16950-KB7-005
Partzilla says it is part number - 16951-471-831 (but they only go to 1982)
HondaPartsNation says it is part number16950-kb7-910

I really do not want to use CMSNL as buy the time it arrives here with currency conversion, and shipping it will be way over two hundred dollars. So back to my original question has anyone actually replaced a petcock with a non OEM one that fit and worked as intended. Is so please provide supplier and part number.

Thanks in advance

LongDistanceRider is your list a list of petcocks that fit the Cm450E or a list of what the incorrect one in the previous post says it fits. I am unclear based on the wording in your first sentence. ( I think I lost some brain cells overnight - LOL)

LongDistanceRider is your list a list of petcocks that fit the Cm450E or a list of what the incorrect one in the previous post says it fits. I am unclear based on the wording in your first sentence. ( I think I lost some brain cells overnight - LOL)
The list is the models that use the same exact petcock as you have now. I looked at the KB7-910 part number and the list is shorter but that's the latest part number. If you ordered the early part number from Honda they would supersede it to the newest number unless they had some old stock to get rid of first.
The purpose of posting the list is that some sellers don't do any research and just mention the one model they know something fits, like a 1990 FourTrax owner not realizing it fits a number of 2 wheeled bikes.

Al,do you know of a good Honda dealer who will do a computer 'Dealer Parts Search' using your part number? Someone may have one sitting on the shelf somewhere here in the USA and you can purchase an NOS stock one from Honda for a call;the good dealer's parts person will give you the contact ph.# of the dealership who has it. :)

Update - So the petcock leak turned out to be a loose nut attaching the petcock to the tank so that problem was a cheap and easy fix - my favorite kind.

Mine leaked a bit around the lever after sitting a couple months but stopped. If it starts again, I'm going to drill out the swagged cover pins and find some packing and use tiny screws from an old printer or...

Worth a try. What have I got to lose?

Mine did the same thing last summer, and it also just stopped by itself.

Reminds me of a very small water pipe leak I had in an old house. It would spray an atomized spritz, and was in a difficult place to access. An older wiser man than I suggested to leave it be, it would likely stop once enough crud from the old pipes passed out through the hole. He was right. The leak stopped after about a week.

Mine did the same thing last summer, and it also just stopped by itself.

Reminds me of a very small water pipe leak I had in an old house. It would spray an atomized spritz, and was in a difficult place to access. An older wiser man than I suggested to leave it be, it would likely stop once enough crud from the old pipes passed out through the hole. He was right. The leak stopped after about a week.

A HarbourFreight assorted Oring pack, roll of teflon tape, and liberal doses of patience, we shall prevail.

Back
Top Bottom