• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Pretty sure this looks serious.

birdland

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I can't recall what this is supposed to look like. I haven't even had a chance to look through the parts manual. Just got back from a run - I'm certain it's not supposed to look like this, and I won't be going anywhere for a while.

IMG_2574.jpg

I can see where the bolt starts just out of view - can't get a decent picture of the inside but it's sheared metal in a kind of funnel configuration. Grey - metallic.

other side
IMG_2575.jpg

I'm assuming it's a part search and of course it's parked until fixed.

I'm not understanding what's wrong.

#2 & #18 the axle and nut seem to be in order.

honda-cb450k3-usa-f-7-front-wheel-disk-brake-type_big3IMG01171598_24fa.gif

I've seen axles from different Hondas that have that hollow end, and some that are identical but don't have the hollow end.

So no danger? I'm happy to help, inspecting your bike closely before and after rides is a very good habit.

I've seen axles from different Hondas that have that hollow end, and some that are identical but don't have the hollow end.

So no danger? I'm happy to help, inspecting your bike closely before and after rides is a very good habit.

Absolutely.

I changed that front tube and strip before storing over winter. Can’t believe I didn’t understand this configuration. Every picture of 1971 frames on the internet looks exactly the same. As well as all the pics I have of mine.

I suppose I’m expecting failure on an antique. Time to ride it and enjoy.

Anyway - onward. And thanks.

Back
Top Bottom