• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Cb200 cam chain adjuster and Kickstarter

Smudger

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi Chaps

Very good weather in Scotland this week, so work getting done, and questions to ask.

Can anyone tell me if the cam chain adjuster bolt is just a plain bolt. The one on will move but I can't move the locknut. I didn't want to draw all the way out until I find out. If it's plain, I will just replace.

Also on my bike, Kickstarter shaft has worn splines. I have a new part to eventually replace it. But in the meantime, has anyone ever had success recutting spline with fine Dremel disk. I don't want to go down the weld bodge.

Last question, would it be possible to replace Kickstarter mechanism by only taking off the bottom of crankcase. So pretty much having engine upside down.

Thanks

David

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Would it be possible to remove the bolt, I can then clean up threads with a die, and then put it back in? Does it just screw into hole, and lean on the chain tensioner, or does it go into a subsequent threaded hole on the tensioner.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Yes, it just screws into the head and it doesn't "lean" on the tensioner rod, it pushes directly into it at 90° to the rod to hold it in place after adjustment. The larger threads on the bolt are for the lock nut to hold it in place after tightening. You'll need to properly adjust the cam chain afterward, since the engine might be in a point of rotation where valves being opened might put reverse rotational force on the cam effectively tightening the opposite side of the chain causing looseness in the chain on the adjuster side when you reinstall the bolt without proper adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom