• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CL450 Rubber Foot Pegs

DavidB

Total Posts
Total likes
I want to express appreciation to Common Motor Collection and their customer service. I ordered some replacement rubbers for the front pegs last September, seeing only one type as I recall, and installed one from the pair. I noted it had a round internal hole instead of a square one for my square shafted peg but I put it on anyway. After 6 months it was showing excessive external wear so I contacted CMC on it. I said I could live with it or replace it with the other one I had left over. Just wanted to let them know about it.

Well, they sent me new ones, free, with square holes. The rubber compounding seems sturdier and shows "Japan" on them. I think they must be original manufacture so will last indefinitely after I install them.

In the future, when you try to work with the black rubber bits and pieces around your bike, try warming them up first. I use an electric heat gun and just get them really warm, not crazy hot or they begin to melt. When they are good and warm they are much more flexible and will fit things better.

Back
Top Bottom