• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Hanger C bolt / stud 90106-283-010 anyone know the dimensions please?

ashimotoK0

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I know I possibly posted this before but never got a definitive answer .. I need style and length of Hanger C bolt/stud 90106-283-010 pretty sure it is M10 and according to CMSNL it's a stud not a bolt.
But the Parts book is totally confusing .. please see attached

27867288_2018654458388957_6807058827008118387_n.jpg28058379_2018654511722285_1066806175128521794_n.jpgbolt-c-engine_medium90106283010-01_fb5e.jpg

I know one of the two long bolts through the bottom of the frame and lower case is smaller than the later 5 speed 450s, not sure of the two it is. I wouldn't necessarily call it a stud but it is threaded on both ends making it resemble a stud. All the older fiches and parts book have some confusing listings like that, have to blame it on poor translation back then

That bolt holds the rider foot pegs, so has to reach all the way through the frame, with some to spare at both ends. Usually threaded at both ends, with a nut and washer on each, but some may have had a hex head on one end; just makes it harder to get one peg off. If you don't get an answer to the original length, you can measure your frame, and allow for the plates, nuts, and washers. You can use threaded stock, cut to length, but it is not optimum, as the threads will contact the channel in the engine bottom case, and could gouge into it.
I'll look into my old take-off parts, and see if I have one. If I do, I'll measure it and let you know; I'd mail it to you, but that may be expensive.

Thanks ... I am pretty sure I will already have an original one ..I just need the length if anyone has it ..or if not I will get out my frame and rider foot-pegs and get the length that way, now that I know it holds the rider foot-pegs too. I assume it's M10.

I have a 1972 CL450 parts bike. The bolt through the foot pegs measures M12 and is approximately 312mm long, but has a different part number (90106-292-010) and thus may not be helpful. Mine is threaded on both ends.

Okay, so all of this confirms that the 4 speed version is 10mm and the 5 speed is 12mm. I wasn't completely sure about the amount of difference in size but suspected Honda wouldn't have gone with a 1mm smaller size on the 4 speed, but I discovered there was a difference when Russ and I were working on the swingarm adaptation on my drag bike frame (5 speed frame with the 4 speed lower case in it for front sprocket alignment purposes).

The M10 and M12 should both be the same length, since everything else is about the same. I had to source a M12 bolt when I replaced the 4-speed with the 5-speed in my K3 frame. Obviously, the 4-speed didn't fit very well, but it ran.

Found it. Length is 314mm (12-3/8"), and ends are threaded to 16mm (5/8"). Threads are 10x0.8.

Well I found both an original M10 x 1.25 Honda stud and a hex bolt that are 314-314 mm long. I wonder if one came from an early Bomber and one from a late. Anyway sorted out now thanks and I will probably use the stud for ease of removal of foot-pegs. Mine is a 1967 registered anyway so stud probably correct for that year. My bike came literally in boxes of parts from the estate of an old chap who obviously parted out quite a few bikes.

Well, I counted 8 threads over 10mm; guess that is 1.25. It was a long day, and I think my old-timer's was setting in.

Well, I counted 8 threads over 10mm; guess that is 1.25. It was a long day, and I think my old-timer's was setting in.

Well just a MASSIVE thanks from me to you and everyone for taking the time to help me.

I have spent the best part of a week sorting out the fasteners/springs for 10 of my projects ... most of these bikes were found in bits or 'basket' cases, so it's been a kinda fun nightmare.
I still need to do my CB92 though ..... again bought as a collection of parts from a junkyard but fairly complete (he hopes :)) ...problem is with that bike is there are a lot of octogenarian hoarders in the UK who think they are holding onto Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket. So, if you can find the parts they are ££££$$$$'s

Honda had a habit of listing bolts as 'Hanger X' with no details and most are very rare now, particularly NOS , so once this mammoth fastener sort out is over I am going to do a spreadsheet / drawings that lists what I know about them. Also funny bolts like the CB72/77 muffler mount bolts need detailing too. then I will, of course, share on here.

Honda had a habit of listing bolts as 'Hanger X' with no details and most are very rare now, particularly NOS , so once this mammoth fastener sort out is over I am going to do a spreadsheet / drawings that lists what I know about them. Also funny bolts like the CB72/77 muffler mount bolts need detailing too. then I will, of course, share on here.

Yes, their documentation improved later but the earlier bikes (and us now, for those who tackle these restorations/refurbs) were certainly more of a mystery on some stuff. We look forward to the contributions of what you've learned on all this.

Back
Top Bottom