• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Honda anticrist saltflat

Moved to Pictures and Videos section.

Probably pretty fast considering even stock engines would produce at least 62 hp each

Those carbs look a lot like those from a dohc 450 or 500T. I can't see what's going on with the headers for the rear engine - doesn't seem like there's enough room, but I'm sure they're in there somewhere.

Yeah, if you look at the left side pic you can see where the rear pipes curve upward under the alternator in front of the shift lever on the rear engine. If I had a welder and could use it decently... 450 double hot rod sounds intriguing. But I have enough projects already.

Sure is a mean looking machine.
I'm a newbie so I'm curious, how does that rear shock work? Is that just to support the rider, because wouldn't the frame be taking a lot of the force from bumps?

It's the equivalent of the sprung solo seats on the old hardtail Harleys and other bikes of that era. It lets the seat move a little to (somewhat) compensate for the lack of suspension on the hardtail frame. It would probably be adequate for the salt flats or the drag strip, but street riding would be closer to painful.

It's the equivalent of the sprung solo seats on the old hardtail Harleys and other bikes of that era. It lets the seat move a little to (somewhat) compensate for the lack of suspension on the hardtail frame. It would probably be adequate for the salt flats or the drag strip, but street riding would be closer to painful.

Neat, thank you.

Neat, thank you.

I'm used to it because when I started with the City of Tampa Police Garage the Harleys still had the spring-loaded post-mounted seats despite having rear suspension. It was a weird feel to get used to, seat moving up and down while the suspension at both ends did also.

On the left, me on the City's return to Harleys with the Evo engine in '84 (different spring setup), on the right the early version with the spring loaded post in the frame tube

scan0070.jpg HD solo saddle.jpg

Salt Flat bikes need a little front suspension movement but rear suspension movement isn't needed and can actually slow the bike down if it isn't carefully dialed in. The cheaper easier fix is just to run zero rear suspension, hardtail.

Back
Top Bottom