• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CB175 K0 Engine case is together but.........

Cromwell

Total Posts
Total likes
After three attempts I managed to put the engine case together. I noticed a couple of odd things. When I tightened the 4 small bolts at the rear near the kick starter the shaft was very hard to move. I backed them off and added some thread lock. Any idea why I can't tighten these up?

Also, when I turn the crank it is much harder to turn near top dead centre. This seems to be normal in bikes I have worked on. Is this normal? Why is it harder to turn the crank near TDC?

Cheers, Doug

Doug, I'm not sure why you didn't start an engine repair thread and post some pictures so we can follow along. Generally speaking, when you tighten crankcase bolts and things become difficult to turn it means that something is not properly assembled. When crankcase bolts won't tighten up on a Honda you can't use thread locker and leave them slightly less tight as a solution. I suspect something isn't quite seated or lined up in the bottom end causing your troubles.

Ok - thanks. I will take it apart and start an engine repair thread. I am new to this forum and this is my first bottom end rebuild. I had the crankshaft rebuilt locally. Is it normal for the crankshaft to be a little stiffer at TDC or does that occur only after the top end is installed and compression kicks in?

As LDR mentioned; couple of photos of the transmission pins.

Attachments

• 4CF0C743-1A34-4782-AE08-779FE7285471.jpeg
    4CF0C743-1A34-4782-AE08-779FE7285471.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 97AACF45-B951-4AD2-AC90-AB1DC561DAAA.jpeg
    97AACF45-B951-4AD2-AC90-AB1DC561DAAA.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom