• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Me on the family mini bike 1973

ausman1000

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Santa delivered it Xmas 1972. It had the fold down bars so dad could fit it in the back of the station wagon. Also had the front fork suspension, the deluxe version!
This is when I learnt "don't rev the engine with the brake on because you will burn out the clutch". Dad yelled that at me, oh, at least a dozen times! :lol:

Damian_Motorbike (Coldstream 1973)[1079].jpg

Nice minibike. At least you had a real brake, not one of the tire rubbers. My first time was probably about '69 on a Rupp Roadster. You got the photo, that's great.

Nice minibike. At least you had a real brake, not one of the tire rubbers. My first time was probably about '69 on a Rupp Roadster. You got the photo, that's great.
Agreed, having the photo is great and I didn't know it existed until recently. My sister found it in amongst her collection of pics. Asking relatives and friends if certain pics exist sometimes pays off.

Yea the rear drum brake was fun in the gravel but not in front of my dad, that was another no no :)

I had a Rupp which I bought from my next door neighbor and it had a 4hp Tecumseh and a cable operated disc brake which clamped the rear sprocket? I thought that was cool back then but think it's strange now..

I had a Rupp which I bought from my next door neighbor and it had a 4hp Tecumseh and a cable operated disc brake which clamped the rear sprocket? I thought that was cool back then but think it's strange now..

You had the super deluxe of mini bikes, front and rear suspension to!

s-l1600.jpg

Yes,same one.
The neighbor T.J. had it and I listened to him running it around his yard for a year.I bought it from him while it still had a little life left in it.

20220130_132011.jpg
This is my latest minibike:81' CB125S with an 83' XR200R engine & other modifications.
I live in a low-rent apt. in a questionable area in Davis,CA. and I leave the bike outside chained-up to the bike under the cover:I use one parking spot.I try to keep it looking dirty and hopefully the 'creeps' will leave it alone.

This is my latest minibike:81' CB125S with an 83' XR200R engine & other modifications.
I live in a low-rent apt. in a questionable area in Davis,CA. and I leave the bike outside chained-up to the bike under the cover:I use one parking spot.I try to keep it looking dirty and hopefully the 'creeps' will leave it alone.

Very cool bike, Bill!

I hope the creeps will continue to leave it alone.

Cool picture, I wanted a minibike back then but had to wait 50 years LOL, now retired I have 5 or 6 1970s minibikes and a couple 1970s hondas, My garage is happy, messy but happy:cool: Thanks again for that cool pic.

Back
Top Bottom