• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CL77A carbs per stamping on body

Flyin900

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I have taken the carbs apart to check on the interior condition and it looks like the jets for sure are aftermarket and larger than stock sizing. The needle has a D2 code on the upper top section, so it could be OEM. The float valve and other air or fuel mixture screws are suspect too.

I will Ultrasonic clean the bodies further beyond the the initial soak in my go to carb cleaner "AWESOME" I kid you not. ;)

P1060982.jpg

About 3-4 oz in a heated tank of 6 L of water does wonders, better than any other "Simple Green or Pine sol" cleaning with less chance of the carb body discolouration from the chemicals used.

So I will be asking for input on these as I have done a early CL175 set of carbs and the design is similar between the two sets. Yet any known issues and fixes for modern gas or jetting experience will be very helpful. I am an experienced Honda carb rebuilder of many years, yet always open to more knowledgeable people on new bikes.

P1070997.jpg P1080005.jpg P1080015.jpg P1080021.jpg

Here are the pics of the jets with top left #42 Slo jet and top right main jet at #135 and the float valve noted as a 2.0 size. There is no stylized "K" on the jets, so aftermarket, unless someone else has a better understanding of the jet information.

P1080112.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom