• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Mirror vibration

Randall

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I have a mirror on the left side of my bike that is pretty blurry most of the time, when the right side is usually a lot better. Is there any solution to this, or is it just a fact of life? I have the stock bug antenna mirrors.

The heads loosen up on the stalks over time, I don't know of a cure for them. Someone a few years ago said he injected silicon sealer into the ball area and it helped but no idea how

Might be worth a try they change the vibration frequency on the bars, Next time your out and the mirror is blurry take you hand off the L/H grip and see if there is any improvement or deterioration in quality. If there is a difference then bar weights might be the answer.

Mike
CL 450

Lots of manufacturers on various models fit them as standard. You can purchase them via intaweb or make some, basically it’s a bar of steel or lead that slides inside the handlebars normally around 5 or 6in long and can be retained with a drop of silicone . There are lots of write ups on Google , and not so long ago on this forum addressing handlebar vibration..
I did a lot of experimenting on my CL 450 as I was experiencing hand numbness after a short distance as well as totally useless mirrors. A combination of new handlebar mounting rubbers and home made bar weights made a great improvement ,but the ultimate result was removing the top engine mount on the cylinder head. A week of running around the mountains in Spain and no indication of vibration however vibration on my feet is a different story.

Mike
CL450

The only solution I have found is to switch to bar end mirrors, I would also think the bar end weights might help.

Back
Top Bottom