• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CB77 versus CL77 Engine - Differences

TomF

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I have a 1963 CB77 which will require an engine rebuild as the previous owner partially took it apart and I can’t be sure all the parts are there until I break back into it. Are the CB and CL engines the same, and are there major changes between the years the CB and CL were manufactured that I need to be aware of? I ask this because I found an inexpensive “donor” engine I could buy and use for parts, not sure of the year of the engine or if it is from a CB or CL. If I don’t buy the engine I’m sure I will buying replacement parts.

Just beginning some research before I get too deep into this project. This is the first CB77 I will have worked on.

The motors are interchangeable by swapping the cylinder head top cover, to suit the different top motor mount. You lose the tach drive and electric start sprocket with the CL motor, most internal parts are the same.

Back
Top Bottom