• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

VHT member James Adams

Oh man. This hurts. I have so much respect for the detail James went into and I loved reading his work because his descriptions of how he did things were just as meticulous as his work. It was always interesting and always educational. Go with peace, James. I'll miss your presence around here. I can only imagine how much you're missed by those who knew you best.

So saddened to hear of James's passing. It's good to know that his family knew of and respected his love of his bike and this group..

As already said, this news hurts. So sorry to hear of his passing. If how he worked on his bikes was a barometer for how he lived his life, he did a damn good job. My thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Taken too soon, very sorry to hear this news. I always enjoyed reading James account of his motorcycle restorations, in which he also painted a picture of his life and interests aside from bikes. He will be missed.

I'm sorry to read of James' passing. Would love to see more of his work, both on bikes and on scale models. Looks like he was a pro with the model paintwork.

Thanks all for the condolences and warm feelings towards James (my dad), he was always so happy to post here and read what others were up to, he would have loved nothing more than to finish his bike and take a little tour of the Peak District to share with you the beautiful winding roads and vistas he enjoyed biking around in his youth.

Here's a picture of the man behind the Hondas:

hols 114-p.jpg

65 is no age at all, if dad were here now he'd enthusiastically endorse not putting off the things you love til some hazy future date - tomorrow really isn't a promise. He'd also recommend a wee snifter of a good single malt whisky every now and then, laughing at older Simpsons episodes and becoming immersed in a live Eagles or ELO concert whenever possible :)

I may well try and tackle the recombining of Honda bits to finish his last bike, I'll be sure to post here if so. On behalf of my dad, thank you to all who took the time over the years to drop by and offer tips, encouragement and banter - may the road rise up to meet your wheels and may the rust stay away from your shiny bits.

Lauren x

Attachments

• hols 114.jpg
    hols 114.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 13
It's good to hear from you Lauren. Your dad was a talented individual and his input was always appreciated. We all miss him. If you should take up the wrenches and finish his work know that we are here to assist in any way possible.

Thanks all for the condolences and warm feelings towards James (my dad), he was always so happy to post here and read what others were up to, he would have loved nothing more than to finish his bike and take a little tour of the Peak District to share with you the beautiful winding roads and vistas he enjoyed biking around in his youth.

Here's a picture of the man behind the Hondas:

65 is no age at all, if dad were here now he'd enthusiastically endorse not putting off the things you love til some hazy future date - tomorrow really isn't a promise. He'd also recommend a wee snifter of a good single malt whisky every now and then, laughing at older Simpsons episodes and becoming immersed in a live Eagles or ELO concert whenever possible :)

I may well try and tackle the recombining of Honda bits to finish his last bike, I'll be sure to post here if so. On behalf of my dad, thank you to all who took the time over the years to drop by and offer tips, encouragement and banter - may the road rise up to meet your wheels and may the rust stay away from your shiny bits.

Lauren x

Thanks for posting a picture of your father Lauren, he made us all laugh and we always enjoyed his efforts on his bikes. As already mentioned, if you do decide to finish restoring the bike we will be here for whatever help we can offer.

I remember so many names of members who just disappear and we have no idea what might have become of them. Thank you so much for including us in your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom