• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Fork Rebuild/oil change

L7Nirvana

Total Posts
Total likes
Does anyone know of a US supplier that I can get a back up ring and circlip for 82' 450 nighthawk. I decided to change the fork oil since there was a leak and they hadn't looked like they had been cleaned in a while. While taking them apart, I found so much rust on the circlip and ring back up plate that both basically got mangled. I am hoping the other fork isn't as rusted. part numbers I believe are 51447-447-731

If you google (bing, whatever) the part number you can often find what you need. A quick peek shows Bike Bandit has the plate.

I did google but found a few EU websites. I usually buy from partzilla, honda parts nation, but they were both out and I wasn't sure about the smaller websites as I have not bought from them and don't know their track/trustworthy record. I will check out bike bandit. Thanks for the heads up. Also I was looking at the clymer manual and comparing it to the diagrams found on the parts websites (ex. bike bandit) and found a discrepancy. In the parts diagram shown on the websites there is no back up plate shown between the circlip and the oil seal but I definitely had 1 in my forks. So my question, is the 82 nighthawk suppose to have a back up plate or not?

Back
Top Bottom