• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Replacement seat covers

Clewless

Total Posts
Total likes
Just found a replacement seat cover for my 1971 CB 175. ordered on Ebay, (seller gumtwo). Great to work with, had stitching issue on seat cover, they sent out a replacement the next business day. Seat cover has padded stitching on top. Fit like a glove over existing foam. May not work out for the "Purist" out there as the seats are not a factory reproductions, but well made and very serviceable.

Attachments

• IMG_5746.jpg
    IMG_5746.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5745.jpg
    IMG_5745.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 15
Looks good, and close enough to the factory look that no one will know the difference without them being side by side.

Just one question: Is the stitching going through the padding or is it a fake stitching? It looks like water can get inside the padding.

The stitching does penetrate the seat cover and foam padding beneath. If that is a concern, you might contact seller to see if other options are available. Over the years I have not found that seat stitching allowed appreciable water penetration unless bike is stored outside, uncovered and exposed to the elements.

Couldn't you just run a bead of something -- shoe goo? -- inside the cover on the seams to prevent this if you're worried about it?

I use a kitchen garbage bag, thin plastic, lightly glued over the foam before cover installation, to prevent water soaking into the foam. After all I do live in the Pacific NorthWet where we can get a ton of rain in a very sort time.
RIMG0511.jpg

Back
Top Bottom