• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Rear footrest hangers.

TrickyMicky

Total Posts
Total likes
Greetings good people. Having replaced my bent CL160 centre stand with a CB160 item, I'm ready to fabricate a bump stop for the stand when raised. There is a man in UK selling a pair of CB160 Hangers which look ideal because of the silencer mounting holes, which are non existent on the CL model. Can anybody inform me please whether the mounting points are identical on each type? I've looked at parts diagrams, but they do not show measurements. Thanks in anticipation, Mike.

The CB and CL160 frames are nearly identical, the CL version having a threaded boss added to left rear to hang the exhaust system and the battery box is changed for right-hand access, otherwise they are the same. The CB silencers are secured at the front by the footrest mounting studs in the lower crankcase half. They are supported in the rear by the passenger footpeg mounts, there aren't any separate mounting brackets. There was a bolt-on center stand stop,as part of the CL160D retrofit kit, is that what he's selling? Why not just cut the stop off the old center stand and have it welded onto the new one?

Many thanks for the info. The purpose of me playing with the CL is to keep my ancient grey matter functioning. It will not be a concours restoration, just something that will, hopefully, look quite tidy and respectable. Most mens' garages/man caves here in the UK are probably not much bigger than garden sheds. Certainly not big enough to put a car in!!! I had great fun(?) replacing the centre stand, using approx. 25 coins of the realm to elongate the spring allied to some well chosen phrases. Rather than removing the thing again, my aim is to fit the CB mounts and utilise the silencer mounting hole as a fixing point for a home-made bump stop for the stand, complete with rubber foot. As an aside, and a demonstration of my frugality, here in the UK it is possible to purchase Honda Cloud Silver paint in aerosol form, for approx £25 Sterling per can. A well known chain of motorspares stores sells the same size can of their own brand "Wheel Silver", @ £7 per can, which, after a few beers on a dark night is a fairly close match. Guess which colour it's gonna be!! It's not going to be a rush job. As an example, I also own a 1976 CB400F, which has been in my possession for 33 years, and yesterday I finally got round to attaching its first ever rear luggage rack. You just cannot rush these things you know! Stay safe and stay upright everyone. Mike.

You just cannot rush these things you know! Stay safe and stay upright everyone. Mike.
Love reading your posts… it puts a lot of this vintage motorcycle addiction vs. age into perspective in the best way. And makes me laugh. Carry on, good sir, you stay safe, too, Mike.

Tom - 1982 CM450E / Midwest USA

Back
Top Bottom