• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Strength of the bash-plate on SL350K1?

Mikepacific60

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Hi all,
Seeking opinions here….do you think it is okay to use a bike stand to jack-up my SL350K1 while I’m working on it - the entire weight of the bike will be on the bask plate.
In short, is the bash-plate strong enough to endure holding the entire weight of the bike for an extended period of time.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

All you can do is try it and see how much it flexes and/or compresses into the exhaust when you put the weight of the bike on it. I've owned an SL350K1 but can't recall the thickness of the skid plate, but since the stock pipes (if you still have them) run inside it, you'd just have to watch it as you lift the bike and see how it goes.

I'd put a piece of 1/2" plywood or a 1x12 piece of wood between the jack and plate. I'm pretty sure the plate alone will be sufficient but added strength is never bad.

Back
Top Bottom