• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CL77 L side cover

RetiredLEO

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I'm preparing to paint my 1967, CL77. Yesterday I attempted to remove the cover and wasn't successful. The exhaust pipes prevented the removal. So I disconnected the exhaust pipes. Is this the correct way to remove the cover?

Some CL models had to have the exhaust moved outward to allow side cover removal, some need the exhaust removed to do it. Not sure on the CL77, unfortunately I've never worked on one.

I found no other jiggling or tweaking the cover to squirm it out without disconnecting the pipes. Oh well, I needed to clean the head and area behind the pipes anyway.
Some CL models had to have the exhaust moved outward to allow side cover removal, some need the exhaust removed to do it. Not sure on the CL77, unfortunately I've never worked on one.

I found no other jiggling or tweaking the cover to squirm it out without disconnecting the pipes. Oh well, I needed to clean the head and area behind the pipes anyway.

This is an old post yet for future reference the way to remove or install that side cover is to loosen both exhaust pipes at the head just slightly, which allows some wiggle movement. Then completely remove the single rear mounting bolt situated close the the rear of the pipes in between the two pipes. This allows the exhaust pipes to drop down slightly and away from the frame.
There is now enough room to maneuver the left side cover off/on and out/in the space. ;)

Back
Top Bottom