• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

69 CB350 seat replacement

Tim.

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi everybody-

I recent bought a 69 350 for my wife (who is not a large person) and she's finding the seat to be a bit wide/tall for her. I bought an aftermarket seat from 4into1 (https://4into1.com/the-mantis-brat-seat-black/) and have made some modifications to it but I'm at the point where I doubt it will fit nicely unless I modify the frame, which I won't do. There are two issues that I see:

(1) the original seat has long side skirts that reach down below the frame -- I've yet to see any aftermarket seat that's as "deep" as the original. The one I bought would leave a substantial gap between the seat and frame.
(2) the rear hinge bolts/rear hinge mounting bar are really high up, again fitting the depth of the original seat. This causes the rear of the aftermarket seat to sit much higher than the front.

So I'm wondering if anyone has successfully modified an aftermarket seat to fit a bike with one of these rear-hinged seats. I feel like I've done about all I can with the seat that I have bought, including cutting out the rear portion to fit over the rear fender, drilling holes for the hinge bolts to insert into the seat and allow it to sit flush with the hinge bar, heating and bending so the front sits flush with the back of the tank.

I've searched exhaustively for images and posts fitting new seats to these bikes but I mostly see people removing the read fender and modifying the frame with that hoop at the back for the seat to rest on, something like this albeit a bit less extreme: https://www.bikebound.com/2019/03/18/honda-cl350-brat-scrambler/

Has anyone found a seat that can be fit to these bikes without frame modification? Pictures welcome for inspiration.

Awesome. Thank you!

Do you have a sense for how much smaller these are than the original k1 seats? I don't see any measurements, just "low profile".

When I dealt with them, their email response(s) were great, and Tex even offered a phone call if I preferred. I’m sure they can/will send you dimensions, photos, etc… may even have photos of them mounted.

Tom - 1982 CM450E / Midwest USA

I'm pretty sure there are others here who have bought and installed a Texavina seat but I could only find this one in a quick search
Most recently Kentonius bought one, but it’s also a CM bike. He added photos towards the bottom of my thread which you found. I know there were others, thought there were… maybe I’m only remembering discussions from folks looking.

Tom - 1982 CM450E / Midwest USA

Awesome. Thank you!

Do you have a sense for how much smaller these are than the original k1 seats? I don't see any measurements, just "low profile".
Here's the contact information:
Tex Bui (aka Truong Bui)
www.texavina.com
[email protected]
Text Message (USA): +1(510)209-3030
Viber Text Message (Other): +1(510)209-3030
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/texavina.dallastexas
We custom-built cafe' racer motorcycle seats
Notes: Email is the best way to contact me. Or leave me a text message on my phone. Please don't leave a voice message.

I bought one of his solo seat for the road bike, CM400T, and it fits well, side skirts are very close if not the same as the stock seat. Seat height is probably an inch lower than stock. Haven't taken pictures since it's parked outside and I'm not ruining a new seat, garage is filling with upstairs furniture so the carpet can be replaced.

Okay, you all are great. Thanks so much for all the info. Sounds like Texavina is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom