• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

All members please read

ancientdad

Administrator
Staff member
Total Posts
Total likes
Since we're approaching 1000 members with daily activity averaging 60 to 100 posts per day, it's pretty regularly busy around here. Since Jim and I basically have to read every post, it's time consuming (despite being enjoyable).

To that point, I'm going to reiterate something we've been casual about in recent months. And I'm putting it in bold caps so everyone sees it. And hopefully reads it.

PLEASE EITHER PUT YOUR BIKE IN YOUR SIGNATURE, OR MENTION IT WHEN YOU POST A QUESTION.

All the Moderators and Admins here do it for free (in the event that some aren't aware) and though we really love what we do, it takes a moderate amount of time (or more) to backtrack through a member's posts or profile to find out what they're asking because not all of our twins are similar enough that answers are generic. We stress patience in getting answers here because we have some members who are much more familiar with some models than others and all will weigh in with good information if given the time to do so, but if you don't tell us which model the question is about and we chose not to answer because there wasn't enough information to go properly by... well, impatience would grow to the proportion of that other forum where members come back after 12 hours or 2 days and complain about how disappointed they are and what a crappy place it is, despite them putting their question in the wrong category and often not offering enough information.

Let's keep this place going in the direction it is so we don't end up like they are - a hot mess.

Thanks!

I will add that since this forum is a world wide operation it can be really helpful if you edit your profile to clarify where you actually are. A single word like SPRINGFIELD doesn't really work because there happen to be 41 of them in the US alone. Not only is Washington a State and the US Capitol there's another 86 locations in the US.
UK is nice, now where in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom