• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

'67 CL77 Clutch Plate Count

gbyoung2

Total Posts
Total likes
Curious if anyone knows the REAL WORLD parts count for a 1967 CL77 clutch – friction and driven plates?

I say real world, AND NOT parts book, because I question the numbers being shown in the various parts books I have access to..... at least in my serial # range.

Frame: CL77-1062419
Engine: CL77E-1062510

Thank you.

Curious if anyone knows the REAL WORLD parts count for a 1967 CL77 clutch – friction and driven plates? I say real world, AND NOT parts book, because I question the numbers being shown in the various parts books I have access to. Frame: CL77-1062419 Engine: CL77E-1062510 Thank you.

Img_6964-L.jpg

Img_6965-L.jpg

Last edited:
So the basic showing at Partzilla of 6 friction and 6 steel (with one being different) isn't the same as what yours has?

So the basic showing at Partzilla of 6 friction and 6 steel (with one being different) isn't the same as what yours has?

That's a basic C72/C77 model.... no CL, CB, CA, etc. The CL has 5 steel (one different), and 5 friction....... both of which is what mine has. I got turned around and wandered off into a wrong book. We're good.

Thank you.

Feel somewhat embarassed.....

That's a basic C72/C77 model.... no CL, CB, CA, etc. The CL has 5 steel (one different), and 5 friction....... both of which is what mine has. I got turned around and wandered off into a wrong book. We're good.

Thank you.

Feel somewhat embarassed.....

No reason to... that's why we're all here, to get the best information and get it confirmed by those who know from experience. I have virtually zero experience on the 72/77 engine having only worked on one, literally, when 15 (CA72) but there are many here who have lots of recent hands-on knowledge. I checked both Partzilla and CMSNL before posting to be sure they both agreed.

No reason to... that's why we're all here, to get the best information and get it confirmed by those who know from experience. I have virtually zero experience on the 72/77 engine having only worked on one, literally, when 15 (CA72) but there are many here who have lots of recent hands-on knowledge. I checked both Partzilla and CMSNL before posting to be sure they both agreed.

Unfortunately, I think that was a case of the blind leading the blind between the two.

And that’s where some of the confusion comes into play. The CMS illustration shows a regular disc count of 4 (four), but the description indicates a quantity of 5 (five). I think they included the different one in that count. Partzilla followed suite (I just looked).

The friction disc count is correct at 5 (five).

Anyway, we’re good.

Honda made a total of eight changes in the clutch assembly over the production span of the 250-305 engine series. I'm sure they didn't update the parts illustrations in the books too often.

Honda made a total of eight changes in the clutch assembly over the production span of the 250-305 engine series. I'm sure they didn't update the parts illustrations in the books too often.

Good information, and may explain some of the confusion.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom