• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Disk brakes replacement

Albert

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi guys, any advice of a decent quality but not so expensive brake disks (like EBC, GALFER, etc), I found an offer at a reasonable price made by TARAZON, this are not the cheapest ones you can find, but are made in china, although they have a pretty decent web page and offer a good variety of bike parts, but I have trusting issues with chineese replacement parts. I also have an option on Ebay for a pair of OEM rotors that looks really good, the minimum TH is 4mm and they have 4.7mm and 4.8mm, so I think those may still have a long road ahead, by painting them and polishing somehow the breaking surface. So do I use OEM but used with some worn disk brakes or new aftermarket ones?

Well this has me curious. The 400/450 models in the US only have 1 front rotor and you seem to be looking at pairs which means a different front end than stock.

Well this has me curious. The 400/450 models in the US only have 1 front rotor and you seem to be looking at pairs which means a different front end than stock.

You´re right, thing is I´m customizing the bike and I´m going to use a pair of CB750 RC42 wheels, anyway I found this OEM disks, both for only $80 in pretty good shape with 4.8mm width, but also have the brand new EBC for $106 each, so in your judgment what would you use

$_59.JPG1.JPG Used but looks fine

EBC.jpgBrand new

The stock discs last forever or close to it. Unless they are warped I'd run what you have with good pads, the EBC qualify. Motorcycle rotors can't be resurface, especially the floating ones like your picture. You can sand the rotors with 60-80 grit sandpaper to roughen the surface and break the glazing.

Thanks for your opinion and wisdom, I´ll go with the OEM ones then, with some restoration (sanding and painting) they´ll be as good as new (y)

One question, let´s say for example that one of the OEM disk is 4.8mm width and the other 4.7mm width, could that difference be a problem?

I can't imagine a tenth of a millimeter being a problem, the calipers will adjust to the disc thickness.

Back
Top Bottom