• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

For Sale: 1969 CL450K1 – Raleigh/Durham, NC [SOLD ON BaT]

DAT69

Total Posts
Total likes
Great Bike. 1969 CL450 K1 - 5,780 miles, 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] owner, excellent working condition, original.

• Unmolested Original Bike – s/n CL450-1009489
  • Original paint
  • Owned for 5 years. Back/Knee force sale, as cannot enjoy
  • Everything works as should
  • Clear Title (have original title -- BMV let me keep it)
  • Every system/part inspected, cleaned, repaired/replaced (OEM where possible)
  • Laundry list of what’s been done:
    • Cleaned Tank/Gas Tank Cap Gasket
    • New Petcock
    • Starter Motor
    • Starter Solenoid
    • Starter Clutch, springs, caps
    • Voltage Regulator
    • Fuel Line/OEM Clamps
    • Battery
    • Carbs Rebuilt
    • New coils/condenser/plugs/wires
    • All new cables
    • Top end rebuilt (new OEM pistons, rings, cam chain tensioner) – Local Expert 35 year Honda Mech)
    • Air filters Reproductions (have originals)
    • Carb boots
    • Mirrors (have originals –pitting on chrome)
    • Chain
    • Front/Rear Brake Shoes/Springs
    • Front Gaiters
    • Front Oil Seals
    • Reproduction Tank Badges (Have originals, but warped)
    • All new bulbs
    • Tires/wheel bearings
    • Oil changed beginning of each season.

Bike is functioning great, but sold as is. Bike is located in Hillsborough, NC (Raleigh/Durham Area).

Attachments

• image18 - Copy.jpeg
    image18 - Copy.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 148
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 146
  • image19.jpeg
    image19.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 122
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 121
  • image12.jpeg
    image12.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 124
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:
Great Bike. 1969 CL450 K1 - 5,780 miles, 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] owner, excellent working condition, original.
Asking: $4,650

• Unmolested Original Bike – s/n CL450-1009489
  • Original paint
  • Owned for 5 years. Back/Knee force sale, as cannot enjoy
  • Everything works as should
  • Clear Title (have original title -- BMV let me keep it)
  • Every system/part inspected, cleaned, repaired/replaced (OEM where possible)
  • Laundry list of what’s been done:
    • Cleaned Tank/Gas Tank Cap Gasket
    • New Petcock
    • Starter Motor
    • Starter Solenoid
    • Starter Clutch, springs, caps
    • Voltage Regulator
    • Fuel Line/OEM Clamps
    • Battery
    • Carbs Rebuilt
    • New coils/condenser/plugs/wires
    • All new cables
    • Top end rebuilt (new OEM pistons, rings, cam chain tensioner) – Local Expert 35 year Honda Mech)
    • Air filters Reproductions (have originals)
    • Carb boots
    • Mirrors (have originals –pitting on chrome)
    • Chain
    • Front/Rear Brake Shoes/Springs
    • Front Gaiters
    • Front Oil Seals
    • Reproduction Tank Badges (Have originals, but warped)
    • All new bulbs
    • Tires/wheel bearings
    • Oil changed beginning of each season.

Bike is functioning great, but sold as is. Bike is located in Hillsborough, NC (Raleigh/Durham Area).

Since David is selling his 450 due to health considerations, he gets a pass on our usual introduction requirements. :) He's also a member of that other forum too, which is where I know him from. Unfortunately he won't have a bike after this ad is no longer necessary, but the quality of the bike is reason enough for this post to remain for the duration.

Wish I was in the market, and it was closer… beautiful bike. Bet it’s got that DOHC exhaust note, too. [emoji41]

Tom - 1982 CM450E

Wish I was in the market, and it was closer… beautiful bike. Bet it’s got that DOHC exhaust note, too. [emoji41]

Tom - 1982 CM450E

It does, and if you've never heard that exhaust, you should if you ever get the chance. one of the best stock exhausts Honda made during that era, IMO only surpassed in great sound by the first year CB750.

1969 CL450 K1 - 5,780 miles,
[*]Owned for 5 years. Back/Knee force sale, as cannot enjoy

Sorry to hear, must be hard - would be for me. Be well, David.
Beautiful motorcycle.

It does, and if you've never heard that exhaust, you should if you ever get the chance.

Haven’t knowingly heard it; now that I know it’s simply a matter of time. I’m also a sucker for the 750 sound, but not convinced I want a larger bike. I don’t remember the one I had being as much fun as the 450 is, and the CM sounds much better now that I’m learning its full range of notes!

Tom - 1982 CM450E

David just told me he's listing the bike on Bring A Trailer, so if there is any interest from anyone here they need to act quickly.

I'm not entirely sure. I emailed David a month or two back and asked if it sold, and did he get his asking price. He replied that it did sell but did not elaborate, not on price or how/where it sold. I marked the post as sold on BaT because he said it was headed there.

I'm not entirely sure. I emailed David a month or two back and asked if it sold, and did he get his asking price. He replied that it did sell but did not elaborate, not on price or how/where it sold. I marked the post as sold on BaT because he said it was headed there.
The way BAT works they hold 10% of the bid price until it closes is my understanding as confirmation that you can afford it. Then after is it just on the honor system that they don't flake or offer less? Like how do they gaurauntee a sale or your selling price I've wondered. Everything there goes for higher than CL or eBay it seems but, usually the seller has done some work and communicates well. Not always the case on other sites/methods of purchase.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom