• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CL450 rear left footpeg issue

if/else

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
While moving my bike off the mainstand, the rear footpeg under the exhaust caught my calf and gave me a nice bruise. The peg does not fold up all the way like the other side does (hits exhaust) and I wondered if it should as my leg got infected and I don't want to do that again. I can remove it (peg, not the leg) but before I do I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has experienced this before and can offer a solution.

Bryan, I believe your bike is a K5 which means the left passenger peg was designed to stop at an angle to clear the exhaust though the bracket looks as if it has 2 stopping points, the angled one and all the way up to vertical. It likely won't reach vertical with the K5 exhaust as it's larger than previous years. The reason it won't stay at the angled stop now is probably because the peg rubber is hard and it was intended to provide the "spring" tension to hold it in place. Note the arrow pointing to the angled stop on the CL360 rear peg bracket below, no one showed the proper picture in any of the CL450K5 or K6 fiches

rear peg brkt.png

Thanks Tom, I am just going to remove it and put it in the box with all the other extra parts.

I just redid the passenger pegs on my Bomber, and the old rubber was as hard as rock. I got it off whole with lots of heat and injections of WD-40 but it was really useless and ugly. And the pegs were floppy. That's how I learned what Tom wrote about the rubber being the spring. When I put new repro rubbers on them the pegs snapped up and stayed really well (although it was a big job compressing them enough to get everything back together).

Back
Top Bottom