• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Honda Cl350 Heat Shield Screw Size

Brettavery20

Total Posts
Total likes
Hey Everyone,

I have a 1972 Honda Cl350 and have only one screw holding my heat shield on. Does anyone know a website or the thread size to purchase additional screws at the local hardware store ? The shields themselves are really hard to find in good condition and I want to make sure I don't lose one while riding. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

I have a 1972 Honda Cl350 and have only one screw holding my heat shield on. Does anyone know a website or the thread size to purchase additional screws at the local hardware store ? The shields themselves are really hard to find in good condition and I want to make sure I don't lose one while riding. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Brett, did you miss this in the Projects and Builds section (or the Tips and Tricks section as well)?

https://www.vintagehondatwins.com/forums/showthread.php?3357-Tips-for-identifying-and-locating-parts

Use any old 6mm screw, I think Allen socket heads will fit, I just use the regular philips heads. I think I just hacksawed some 6x25s I had lying around.

Don’t be afraid to use blue loctite on these, it’ll prevent them from shaking loose.

Don’t use orange loctite if you’re using Philip’s heads unless you like using your manual impact.

-Ed
1972 CL350

I bought some stainless Allen screws and lock washers for mine. They look good and never vibrated loose.

Back
Top Bottom