• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

If you're new here and need any engine disassembly help, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ancientdad

Administrator
Staff member
Total Posts
Total likes
Here at VHT we try to help everyone who is new to these bikes, or new to mechanical work as well, so they don't embark on any area of engine disassembly without getting the proper information first in order to help them avoid doing damage to something inadvertently. We know some repairs seem simple on the surface, but if you dig into something you are not familiar with and haven't yet taken advantage of all of our resources, you may well cause yourself more harm than good.

I can't stress this enough: PLEASE DO NOT BEGIN ANY DISASSEMBLY BEFORE FIRST DOWNLOADING THE FSM (factory service manual, from our library) AND ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DISASSEMBLY YOU'RE ABOUT TO ATTEMPT, FOLLOWED BY PATIENTLY WAITING FOR OUR ANSWERS BEFORE GETTING STARTED.

I absolutely hate seeing an unfamiliar new member get curious and take apart a critical area before returning to VHT to read the explanation we posted in response to their question. As I've mentioned many times to new members, we have members here (including myself) who have worked at the Honda dealerships on these bikes when they were new and current models, so we know what we're talking about - and we hate to see anyone cause themselves trouble or further damage by being impatient or not taking us seriously when we explain that it's very important that a particular repair is done in a specific way. Certainly not trying to offend or hurt anyone's feelings here, on the contrary we're trying our best to educate and inform so you can do the best job in the most correct way for long-lasting results.

So please... download the FSM, read the section you need thoroughly, ask questions and wait for the reply. We WILL get you through these things, it's what we do here... but we're only as good as you let us be.

After you've done what is suggested above, start a new repair thread in the appropriate section for your bike model and ask any questions you may have there.

Thanks
AD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom