• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Wizard's Polish

Clutch Cargo

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I have been using a polish called Wenol for well over two decades now. Now and then I will pick up the odd something-else, but have never found its equal. Until this week...

While watching a bike restoration channel, on YouTube, the guy was using, and recommending, products from Wizard's. Enticed by his results, I ordered up a few items. I was especially intrigued by the Band-Aid looking box with surgical grade cotton infused with polish. A little tiny piece just goes on, and on, and on without the need for more. So far, I am very impressed with the products, and the results.

IMG_0775.jpg

Wet sand with 400, 600, 800, & 1000 grit sandpaper. A bit of time on the buffing wheel, followed by some elbow grease using a tiny 1" piece of cotton infused polish. The Power Seal, on the right, adds a protective coating that they recommend you allow to cure for 24 to 48 hours, before "putting into service". I am anxious to see if the protectant works.

Is there any limit to which parts this should be used on?

The one in the can has some VERY mild grit in it. So, they recommend that you not use it on gold plated wheels, or "Show Chrome", as opposed to regular chrome.

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Metal-Polish-Cloth/dp/B005ZGSCYA

It is odd that when you search the manufacture's website, and products, you find literature on this item but not the product itself. Possibly they are discontinuing it in favor of the product in the bottle instead. The cotton infused stuff is amazing since the tiniest of pieces lasts so long and polishes so much surface area. Only professionals would likely burn through a can, very often, and order more. I could see them getting rid of it.

Hey Clutch can I send you a set of hubs??? !!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Looks great.

Thanks! Better part of a day on that one. Trying to psych myself up to do the rear one tomorrow.

I hear you there, definitely takes a bit of time and elbow grease. I usually tackle my polishing a bit at a time, can't do it all in one go. Good feeling when its all done and shining nicely though.

I've been working on the hubs for my Z50 project -they look similar to worse. I'll have to try this stuff.
I have found that a 3M roloc disc on a hand grinder does a great job for the initial sanding / removal of the old clear coat. I can get a part # for the ones that work best next time I'm out in the shop.

Thomas

I ordered this Wizard polish stuff over a month ago and just got around to using some of it today. It is everything Clutch said it was. Having restored s few motorcycles and owning street rods, I had tried about everything known to man for polishing metal. None of it comes close to Wizard Metal Polish. It isn't "magic" or even "easy", but it gets the job "easier" and faster than anything else I have used. Now I just need to polish the other fork lower.

IMG_1335.jpg

Temperatures here have been in the single digits for a couple of days. I guess it is a good time for polishing. It is a different year and a different vintage Honda twin from my last post, but the Wizards polish still works.

cold weather.jpg

Back
Top Bottom