• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2021

Yepp, I was full of hope for tomorrow, but this year I won't be able to attend DGR. In Poland we will be splitted into small five person groups. Good luck and enjoy Your ride.

In the UK it will fun,

With care we can do this

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hello, You are hitting the spot,

slightly off-topic as this year it was my own private DGR 2021:
not_so_dgr_2021_3.jpg not_so_dgr_2021_2.jpg not_so_dgr_2021_1.jpg

Thanks to all,

Some great pictures

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Yep, good stuff. Danh, those v-twin powered little cars are pretty cool. My machinist friend Russ is planning to build a T-bucket version of one. I couldn't see what engine was used in those you took pictures of, could you tell what they were?

Certainly looks like it. Cool idea even if it seems quite odd at first. I wonder what the performance is in that situation... definitely plenty of torque available

It is odd that they chose that engine and the combination of shaft drive AND belt drive.

I was told they're working on a new model that will use a BMW enigne which I think will be much better suited.

They're Harley engines Tom. They were built by Morgan Motor Co. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_3-Wheeler

Except they are not. Including the one in the photo shown in the Wikipedia article. Look at the 2nd sentence in the "Technical" paragraph. It states "S&S".

Over the many years, S&S produced Harley clone engines. Lot's of flak over copyright issues, etc. so a good while back, they introduced their own engine, called the X-Wedge. Very much in the spirit of a Harley engine, but no more Harley than the Indian, Victory, etc. is.

After years of attending the DGR, I decided last year not to ride the DGR any more.

What started as a nice initiative is step by step ruined by people who just ride the trip without attending the cause.
This way, it is hard for the organisation to guess the amount of people who ride the DGR.

The route's are set for a certain group size, and if there are 4 or 5 times more bikes (non payers) then registered, the route becomes cloughed, and traffic jams of bikes are the result.
Then you have the idiots, last year at least two people where arrested for dangerous riding (and a dirt bike without licence plate and not insurance).

Amsterdam was the worst DGR ride ever.

Wow I had no idea. I'm glad the DGR Seattle ride has been very well organized and controlled.
We don't publish the route unless you are registered. Not just anyone can just show up and ride.

To date there has been no issues at all in Seattle DGR. We have ride leaders (marked with a red banner on their jacket) who will direct traffic and lead others in smaller manageable groups. Everyone is cordial and in full compliance of the law (we ride at 35-40 mph max)

Back
Top Bottom