• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Tires: Chaparral Motorsports

tomeben

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I’ve noticed a few posts lately regarding tires, so I thought I should share this..

My 18” front and 16” rear tires show date codes from 2010 (I’ve learned so much here!) so I went tire shopping online. As of this post, tires are scarce. I’m sure I easily spent 5-6 hours or more at numerous websites looking for a matching set of 100/90-18 and 120/90-16 tires. Those are the tires that have been on the bike since I bought it. Stock size is 3.50S18 and 4.60S16.

I eventually purchased an in stock (inventory shown before you click add to cart) matching set of Pirelli MT66 in 100/90-18 and 130/90-16 from Chaparral Motorsports with free shipping for just under $200.

https://www.chapmoto.com/

My order was email confirmed at purchase on Wed May 12, email confirmed shipped on Fri May 14, and email confirmed out for delivery on Mon May 17. The tires arrived on Monday the 17th as scheduled.

Date codes received:
2820 and 2520 so they’ve been on the shelf a year or so.

*Regards to Tom for not posting this sooner, and possibly alleviating his tire headache - don’t know if they stock his size tires - but I’m posting this now because of his headache.

I hope they’re decent tires; I’ve had fantastic experiences with Pirelli car tires, but this was actually my first ever (beginners luck?) new motorcycle tire purchase. Told you I’m a noob.

Tom - 1982 CM450E
(“Noob”, but learning fast!)

As long as the tires have been properly stored, most vendors do this, the rubber really doesn't age until the first heat cycle is done. That's when you actually start your time frame for replacement so just think of that tire code as being 2821 and 2521

As long as the tires have been properly stored, most vendors do this, the rubber really doesn't age until the first heat cycle is done. That's when you actually start your time frame for replacement so just think of that tire code as being 2821 and 2521

That’s makes the experience even better... thanks for this info!

Tom - 1982 CM450E
(“Noob”, but learning fast!)

I will certainly look there, but the 90/90-19 is the hard one to find. Unless you want a rib tread tire

I just received a replacement Kenda Challenger 120/90-16 for the rear of my bike that I pulled a spike out of, but wasn't flat. It was $70 from ChapMoto. Along with a tube and a couple of rim strips, tax and $1 tire recycle fee it came to $91. Here in 4 days. Date code 1721. Good deal.

I don't know much about tires, but I have no complaints with the 2K miles I have on these Kendas. It was the brand I ran on my LeMond carbon road bicycle, so I just went with those.

Back
Top Bottom