• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Thailand Mfd - Luggage rack [H001]

NeverEverJamToday

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Recently acquired locally a luggage rack for CB200/CB200T. It was originally purchased via ebay from vendor "vintage avenue" I believe. It's the same thing seen here:

HONDA CB125 CB175 K1-K7 CB200 REAR FENDER MUD GUARD WHEEL LUGGAGE RACK [H001]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152982136567

Keeping brief, the rack is ... OK. It feels solid. Can definitely be used to lift the bike onto the center stand. The weld joints are "good" , probably better than those of the square stock racks of the period. The main tubing aligns with the bike body. The chrome is satisfactory, the mount point positioning is again, satisfactory. The rack slats were clearly placed by "eyeballing it" as there is gap width difference between left and right, and not completely aligned:
P1050671.JPG
P1050673.JPG

Maybe 1/8" deviation. Acceptable.

The rack platform height however, is too low, and collides with the stock tail lamp assembly:
P1050667.JPG

Those two arrows indicating mount points should overlap, but distance between them cannot be overcome by any allowance in the mounting.

It's an overall ok option. It appears to be a sturdy part, that will last and serve it's funtion of actually carrying a load while not looking klugey. But I don't see that this would be completely "Plug'n'Play" on either a stock 175 or 200.

If you choose to purchase , switching to a non stock lighting solution , or moving the whole original bracket down a bit, which would require modifying wheel guard, are the obvious options.

I intend to keep the rack, and make a shortened version of the stock bracket, to maintain use of original light housing and not drill stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I was thinking of getting the same rack for my CB/CL200 build. Based on your findings, though, I think I might give it a pass.

Instead of moving the entire taillight bracket what about an adaptor plate the is screwed onto the original bracket that allows you to drop the height of the light ass'y.? Looks like @1" drop so a 2" wide piece of steel should do the job.

That would be more complicated. It would require extending the lamp housing back about 1/4" so that it coud be dropped down. That could be done as I recall without colliding with the license plate, but would make it even more susceptible to vibrations, and I had a few LED tail/brake lights that fell apart from vibration. I resolved that a better solution was to hang it off the rack , deleting the bracket , using flexible metal conduit to protect the wires. All to not drill a couple holes in the wheel guard.

Back
Top Bottom