• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

1971 CL 350 Exhaust Loud

Jetmech

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
My exhaust system is loud. Does anyone know if the original exhaust system baffles were installed in the end of the exhaust tips. Are there any aftermarket baffles for these exhaust pipes?

thanks
Jetmech

The mufflers on these are internally baffled, nothing else. They are louder than modern bikes. It's possible the baffle plates inside have rotted out or someone drove a large rod thru them to "improve" the exhaust flow.

The mufflers on these are internally baffled, nothing else. They are louder than modern bikes. It's possible the baffle plates inside have rotted out or someone drove a large rod thru them to "improve" the exhaust flow.

that’s what I was afraid of. The mufflers and pipes don't have much rust on them at all. I removed the light rust on the back and spray painted with high temp paint. Holding up well.
thanks,
Jetmech

Back
Top Bottom