• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Side stand and bracket for CB175 K6

rapid_roy

Total Posts
Total likes
Hey all! Looking for a side stand and bracket for my CB175 K6, it didn't come with one.

I looked through a lot of old threads, and one of yall said the bracket often gets bent and breaks.

On my frame, I think these are the holes the bracket mounts to? Not sure if the bracket will fit with these aftermarket exhausts?

5D233ATl.jpg
w6k7NGkl.jpg

I've found a side stand that looks like it'll fit, but the bracket is hard to find.

This listing says the bracket will fit a CB175. What say you? Looks similar.

I'm not sure what the smaller piece in that listing is for, but the larger piece with sidestand looks to be correct according to this fiche at cmsnl.com (where you can look up most any part number for your bike easily)

honda-cb175k6-super-sport-1972-usa-brake-pedal-main-stand-step_bigma000159f17_f7ab.jpg

The part that Roy has listed looks as though it's from a CL/CB 200, which has a different foot rest bar to the K6 175.

You've linked to the correct parts at CMNSL.

Here's one of my photos, you can see that the bracket already been welded up.
BHO0eXe.jpg

Here's another pic, bracket fitted to ( repaired ) frame. Worth pointing out that I've fitted parts in wrong order, bracket fits to frame first, then footbar is bolted on on top this bracket, not the way I've got it here.

r3eMRIr.jpg

Hey AD, thanks! I used CMSNL, but they don't have part numbers for parts they don't stock which is tricky. Found it on DSS through some sleuthing.

Richard, thanks so much for the detailed pics. I read through a thread you were in re: side stands on the old site.

The ebay listing with the side stand and bracket and extra piece for a CL/CB200... do you think it'll fit my bike? It's the only place I've found the bracket for a reasonable price so far.

Did you weld your bracket because it broke?

And if the bracket bolts to the frame first, then the footbar, do you need to put a big washer under one side of the footbar to level it? Seems like a weird design. How much would I have to take off the bike to mount the bracket?

Simple answer is that I don't know about the CB200 side stand, just that the CB200 foot bar is different to the 175 part. The advert you listed does state that that other bracket has to be used in order to get it to fit the 175, if I've read it correctly.

Regarding the 175 foot bar going on last, the mounting tab that sits on top of the side stand bracket is offset to leave a gap under it.

The brackets crack, I've seen a couple like that. Whether its caused by riders sitting on the bike on the side stand, I don't know. Seems to be a fairly commonly replaced part, when I first got my CL175 a few years back there were several NOS ones on Ebay.

Hey Richard, thanks for answering my questions! Yeah, the listing is saying you need to use the attached bracket to fit a CB175. I think it'll fit.

I looked at my footbar, I think I see what you mean about one side being a different height. I'll see when I take it apart!

footbar.jpg

Thanks again!

Here's a few more pics taken from my spares stash. You can see how the bracket has to fit onto the frame first, to lie flat on the frame rail, and you can also see how it cracks. Very thin metal at that point. I repaired one by putting more metal on it, but then it would not fit under the foot bar tab.

SGEl9WS.jpg

vpphyJV.jpg

8g9x5zP.jpg

KUUqeJ1.jpg

Thanks so much for the pics Richard! A shame they crack so often, but at least I've got a (kinda rusty) center stand.

Back
Top Bottom