• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Rear Brake Pedal Material & Plating

jkucukov

Total Posts
Total likes
I just got done straightening out the rear break pedal, it was bent by precious owner dropping the bike. There's lots of deep gouges across the body of it, i was contemplating smoothing them out where possible and perhaps tig welding the deep large pits, anyone know what material these are made of? Also, are the pedals nickel plated?

They're made of steel, I had my buddy cut, shorten and weld mine back together for my red 450. I doubt there's any nickel involved, they're just chromed and of course the chrome gets blue from any welding. I painted mine black afterward, except for the pedal area itself since that area was far enough from the heat of welding that it didn't discolor.

20170122_111747.jpg 20170122_181359.jpg

You should put your bike in your signature, I keep forgetting what you have and end up going back to your other posts to look it up

After I brushed away the rust, its as bright as surrounding finish metal, its hard to see what it has been finished with. If it turns blue after tig welding then I'll know :)

Back
Top Bottom