• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CMSNL shipping

IOMTT

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Hey all,
Does anyone have any experience with CMSNL's shipping timelines ?
I ordered a few parts from them on March 5th and it's showing a shipping estimate of March 22nd ! I filled out a "ticket" to inquire if this is the date they infact are planning to ship the items but am having trouble accessing the ticket now.
Does it really take awhile with these folks ?

I've ordered there many times and usually they are quite fast but sometimes it seems that they have to get a part elsewhere. The scheduled shipping date is most probably correct.

I wonder about their sourcing of parts. I have had a great experience in the past with purchasing and shipping.

However - browsing the site on Monday - I saw a rare NOS part available that had been out of stock for a long time. There were four available. I put two in the cart and purchased immediately. This morning I received a notice that the items were no longer available from the supplier, my order had been cancelled, and they were crediting my card. I'm calling tomorrow morning to check the how/why of this. I was under the impression they were a warehouse selling stock in hand (although I understand the parts world works on a slightly more whimsical model).

It's now 1am my time - (9am Amsterdam). I was awake anyway and called. They apologized and explained the thread of complication that allowed their system to sell an item they weren't in possession of and advised me they will be calling suppliers in order to satisfy my initial purchase. I'll hear back by phone around 6am my time. I'm seriously impressed by the commitment - here's hoping they find a source.

This just gets better - they just called back (1:15 am) fifteen minutes after I hung up - they have the parts coming from a German supplier and will ship out tomorrow afternoon. I don't think I've ever had more responsive service.

I wonder about their sourcing of parts. I have had a great experience in the past with purchasing and shipping.

However - browsing the site on Monday - I saw a rare NOS part available that had been out of stock for a long time. There were four available. I put two in the cart and purchased immediately. This morning I received a notice that the items were no longer available from the supplier, my order had been cancelled, and they were crediting my card. I'm calling tomorrow morning to check the how/why of this. I was under the impression they were a warehouse selling stock in hand (although I understand the parts world works on a slightly more whimsical model).

It's now 1am my time - (9am Amsterdam). I was awake anyway and called. They apologized and explained the thread of complication that allowed their system to sell an item they weren't in possession of and advised me they will be calling suppliers in order to satisfy my initial purchase. I'll hear back by phone around 6am my time. I'm seriously impressed by the commitment - here's hoping they find a source.

This just gets better - they just called back (1:15 am) fifteen minutes after I hung up - they have the parts coming from a German supplier and will ship out tomorrow afternoon. I don't think I've ever had more responsive service.

It is good to know, since we've also heard some less than positive things in recent years about them selling stuff as NOS when it was clearly used. Still hard to get past their really high shipping prices though... 25 Euros for shipping a follower is ridiculous.

... 25 Euros for shipping a follower is ridiculous.

I agree it's ridiculous ...it all fries my @ss, but I guess in 2021 if I want 50 year old NOS parts I'm gonna have to cough it up.

I'm new to this game. I have to look at the fact I'm saving $100/hour on work.

So - parts price (2 pieces), exchange and shipping takes it to about $70 CDN - and then the import tax notice courtesy of Canada Revenue and DHL - a cool $20.

It's everybody else's game when the pieces of a bike are anywhere but local, are few and far between, there are a couple of currency differences in play and your own government wants a piece of the action.

c'est la vie

So I did finally get an answer about the shipping date.
" Just because it says we have 2 in stock doesn't mean WE have 2 in stock ". "What it means is that our supplier has 2 in stock and we need to get one from him to fill your order and that will take until the 22nd of March and then we'll ship your order".

So I did finally get an answer about the shipping date.
" Just because it says we have 2 in stock doesn't mean WE have 2 in stock ". "What it means is that our supplier has 2 in stock and we need to get one from him to fill your order and that will take until the 22nd of March and then we'll ship your order".

Glad to hear it.

I took this out on a bit of a tangent, but similar experience.

I agree it's ridiculous ...it all fries my @ss, but I guess in 2021 if I want 50 year old NOS parts I'm gonna have to cough it up.

I'm new to this game. I have to look at the fact I'm saving $100/hour on work.

So - parts price (2 pieces), exchange and shipping takes it to about $70 CDN - and then the import tax notice courtesy of Canada Revenue and DHL - a cool $20.

It's everybody else's game when the pieces of a bike are anywhere but local, are few and far between, there are a couple of currency differences in play and your own government wants a piece of the action.

c'est la vie

Not sure if you know this, but there is no Canadian import duty on OEM parts for motorcycles that are 25 years or older. You need the vendor to specify on the customs declaration that these are parts for a vintage motorcycle and exempt under tariff code 996600.

You still need to pay the tax but will save about 6.1% on import duty.

Not sure if you know this, but there is no Canadian import duty on OEM parts for motorcycles that are 25 years or older. You need the vendor to specify on the customs declaration that these are parts for a vintage motorcycle and exempt under tariff code 996600.

You still need to pay the tax but will save about 6.1% on import duty.

I had no idea. Thanks for this, I'm going to look into it. The notification came from DHL after they'd received the shipment, but I'll check with CMSNL - as per your note it looks like the proper designation of the parts at the point of origin is the right way to go.

The original owner of CMSNL sold the company in 2019 (translated from Dutch), since that time things are better (service) and some got worse (shipping prices):

The acquisitions by the Powersports Distribution Group are following each other in rapid succession as Consolidated Motor Spares, better known as CMS, is being acquired. Owner Mike Buttinger transfers all shares, but becomes PDG shareholder and senior advisor, the same construction as David O'Neill of Hoco Parts. PDG will support CMS management team, led by Roald Van Zandwijk, "in realizing their growth plans to further develop CMS as a leading global distributor of vintage motorcycle parts and as a preferred and trusted partner to its customers, suppliers. and employees ".

Previously, Hoco-Parts, Motoria, DC-Afam and recently Rino Parts were already merged into PDG. A small technical difference with the previous acquisitions is that it is now reported that CMS was taken over by PDG and not by Hoco-Parts, which indicates that CMS will be placed directly under PDG, where all previously acquired companies have been placed under Hoco Parts as a distributor or wholesaler, or DC Afam as technical supplier. The idea is to continue to supply the international market with CMS, creating the possibility to connect other companies for the international market below. Sources within PDG report to Nieuwsmotor that more acquisitions will be announced in the coming weeks.

CMS is known worldwide as a buyer and supplier of so-called "new old stock", which means that surplus stocks of original (OEM) parts are taken over from manufacturers or distributors, where they are inventoried and sold individually to collectors and restorers. After a while, the manufacturers of the OEM parts always stop supplying parts for a certain model of motorcycle, but still have stock left, which still remains valuable in this way. In recent years, CMSnl has become a household name for motorsport enthusiasts through sponsorship of various racing teams and drivers, such as Cal Crutchlow (LCR) and Jonahan Rea (KRT).

Mike Buttinger, (former) owner and founder of CMS: “I am pleased that PDG is on board to fuel CMS's growth ambitions for the coming years. During the acquisition process, the PDG and Torqx teams have clearly demonstrated that they have the relevant expertise and network in this industry. I believe there are many opportunities and I am convinced that joining forces with PDG will accelerate the development of CMS. " Tom Beyers, CEO of PDG about the acquisition: “PDG is impressed with the breadth and depth of CMS's product offering, their digital expertise and the impressive growth achieved over the past 20 years with Mike and Roald at the helm. I look forward to actively supporting CMS in the next growth phase. ”

Back
Top Bottom