• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Center Stand Pivot Pin

jkucukov

Total Posts
Total likes
While having a hard time removing the pivot pin from the frame, turns out the aluminum pipe was bent from possible impact to the rear break lever, looking for a NOS replacement I find them to be unobtanium.
2021-03-09 14_51_05-Window.jpg

What I'm curious about is it safe to straighten out and reuse?

Second option is adapt another part from a 4into1: https://4into1.com/center-stand-shaft-50526-300-000-honda-cb500-cb550-cb650-cb750/
Anyone use this reproduction replacement, it appears slightly different from stock.

I'm pretty sure the original for the 450/500T is not made of aluminum, I've seen them quite rusty in some cases. As for the part from 4into1, the list of applications shows the CB500K as the closest model but the part number reflects the early CB750 as the first bike that replacement was made for. Comparing part numbers, the CB450K5 part is a different part number than the one intended for the CB500K and others with the early CB750 part number. Since all the bikes shown for fitment of the part from 4into1 are bigger and heavier (including the CX500), I suspect that part might be a larger diameter

My bad, it is steel, it seemed light at first. Here's what it looks like now, you can see where its worn and where the bend is from brake pedal riding on it.
20210309_161231.jpg

Edit: Is it worth fixing?

20210309_161759.jpg

You could probably use a solid bar that would fit inside it to flex it around at the point of the bend. It would be difficult to get perfectly straight since it's a tube and not solid, but it doesn't look too bad overall and as long as you could get it straight enough that the brake pedal sat properly it would be a win IMO. After getting it as straight as possible, with the weight of the bike supported under the frame area in front of it and with the frame clamps spread open slightly more than when you got it out, you could assemble the centerstand and brake pedal and then rotate the tube until you got the best positioning for the brake pedal, then tighten the clamps and put the washer/cotter pin in place.

Took some hardware and attempted to do just that, I didn't think it would have gotten this straight just from using the press & nut. Its straight enough to be moving freely on to the center stand & rear break lever.
20210309_165408.jpg
However the wear mark from the frame clamp still remain (deep), perhaps I'll use that as the alignment marks, or rotate 180* from the wear marks.

Back
Top Bottom