• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Fuel Pipe Repair Inside Tank

SeanFD

Total Posts
Total likes
Harare, Zw / Belfast, N Irl (Currently Harare)
I have discovered a crack in the fuel pipe on the tap inside the tank. I have seen various posts about repair of a carb overflow tube, but not one inside the tank.

yBprBh4.jpg

sbDW3Ch.jpg

TeHY0AF.jpg

vKGwHem.jpg

how is the pipe fixed to the tap? Can i remove it and replace it?

Can I solder it? I'm assuming it is brass.

If you solder it there is a high possibility of blocking it internally. Do you have any thin wall fuel tube you could slide over it.

I thought of that and was thinking to put a length of electrical wire down the tube.

Do you mean plastic/rubber thin walled tube, or brass? I don't here.

If you put unstripped wire inside it, the coating on the wire would likely melt during soldering and if you use stripped wire, even solid core, any solder seeping through the crack might stick to it. If you could find an aluminum rod that size it should work. All that's happening right now is your reserve function has been eliminated by the crack allowing fuel in at the bottom of the long tube. It should be brass like the float bowl tubes so it should solder easily after a good cleaning and use of flux paste.

Back
Top Bottom