• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Wheel Bearings

jstrummer

Total Posts
Total likes
Wheel bearing factory specs for my K6 450 call for Z type bearings- a metal seal on one side and no seal on the other side.

Several parts sites I visited sell bearings specifically for the bike that are sealed on both sides, and several forums have comments by people who have used them with no problems on their 450s.

Any opinions about which type, one seal or two seals, is better for use on the 450? And is there any advantage having metal over plastic seals, or vice versa?

The double sealed bearings come with the right amount of grease already packed in them, the double seal also gives an extra layer of protection to keep the wheel bearing grease from contaminating the brake lining.

Agree completely, no reason they shouldn't work just fine. Honda likely intended that the originals could be re-packed with grease during maintenance.

Cool. Once again, thank you guys. Double sealed it is. I really appreciate all the great information on this site.

Back
Top Bottom