• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Slipstream Cycle Works

jstrummer

Total Posts
Total likes
I'm looking at rear sets and found these. https://slipstreamcycle.com/products/honda-cb450-rear-sets

Has anyone dealt with these guys, especially recently? Any feedback if you have? Looks like nice work, but I'm concerned because almost all of their products are out of stock, and perhaps they're going out of business.

Also, any suggestions on other places to look for rear sets made specifically for the CB450?

Thanks

Moved to Vendor Experiences

Hopefully someone will know about them. I've seen them before somewhere, possibly another member mentioned them. The rearsets look good but a concern of mine is always with the non-folding pegs, they can hurt you in the wrong circumstances and they often cause trouble with the kickstarter clearance.

Thanks for moving it. Yeah, I understand your concern. Fortunately, they have a folding pegs option for another $50.

Which then puts them in the same price range as most of the others I've seen, though the brake linkage is nice and with decent-looking heim joints too. However, their statement at the website saying that the installation is a 5 minute job... yes, the pegs and other parts would be, but the brake linkage not so much - the centerstand pivot tube has to come out to get the brake pedal off to replace it with the linkage section that pulls the original brake rod, and many have had difficulty getting the centerstand tube out as they tend to rust and are sometimes bent from too aggressive activity with the centerstand itself.

honda-cb450k4-usa-f-26-rear-brake-rod-pedal-stand-step_big3IMG01171636_ec5f.jpg

Thanks for the information. Oh well, I guess I'll get more intimately involved with the bike then. I'm glad you think they're a good looking set. I think I'll get them and post a report here.

I didn't know Slipstreamer made rearsets.I was curious if anyone has tried running their SlipStreamer 'Spitfire' handlebar mounted windshield ??
I was curious how aerodynamic they are for small cc motorcycles:to help the bike and the rider cut through the wind for better forward progress against a headwind,etc.

It looks like you're confusing Slipstream and Slipstreamer. From what I've seen on Slipstream's site, they don't sell windshields.

I have a set of their rearsets for the CB350. I like that they were just a direct bolt-on. No modifications. I don't love the shiny, knurled look of the actual pegs. But I couldn't find another set that looked any better.

Everything looks pretty well made and the adjustments are pretty simple. I think that the only issue that I've had was the large bolt that secures the foot peg to the plate will occasionally come a bit loose. So a bit of locktite seems necessary.

They're a very easy install - especially on the left side. The right is a bit trickier, but not difficult. It took me a bit of fiddling around to figure it out (disassembly it) and it went in easy peasy. If I had known how to do it, it would've been a 20-30 minute job total.

Thanks for the information, that's good to know. I ordered a set and they've shipped, so they should be here soon. I'll be sure to locktite that bolt.

Interesting that paypal sent the notification that they shipped, not the vendor. I don't recall being notified by paypal before. Maybe it's something new they do.

That's true, but I'm a bit surprised they're marked up by 50% on ebay.

On the other hand, the sets I ordered from their website arrived in about a week. They were packed well, and look to be nicely made. So a big thumbs up to Slipstream.

When compared to a quality product like Tarozzi, those look pretty flimsy. They both can't be $300 worth of product. http://www.fastfromthepast.com/19-0101
If there is a cnc shop nearby you could look into making a set. If you can get the pegs cut then the rods and backing plates are pretty easy to make. CAD drawing here. https://grabcad.com/dashboard CNC rates are going to be about the same for Slipstream that they are for you, if they are made in America.

Hey Gang ... for what it's worth, I just received a set of 450 rear sets from Slip Stream and they seem fairly well engineered ... I had a question and set an email via their website, and their owner Jarrod, actually called me directly that evening ... nice guy, very helpful ... I was impressed ... we'll see how well they hold up, but right now, I would give them a thumbs up.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom