• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Silencers (Mufflers) from Thailand

nebo

Total Posts
Total likes
I noticed a topic about baffles in the silencers manufactured in Thailand. I have been wondering about some for my CD175. The pattern ones from DS seem to be unavailable at the moment, so alternatives are limited. My query is about how well they fit and finish of them? On the face of it they seem very good value at just over £100 for a pair posted. My bike will not be concours and the budget is limited ......

It looks like they do CD, CB and classic Triumph designs all claiming to be suitable for my Honda.

Any thoughts or experiences folks?

It looks like they cover quite a few of the classic Honda models.

I'm surprised there are no experiences so far

I bought these ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I have not yet fitted them but they look nice enough and athough not a perfect fit I'm sure they can be made to fit without much trouble. They will need sleeving because the pipe size is about 35mm ID and not 32mm as they should be.

The silencers are smooth and do not have the Honda seams. They will make a tidy job but certainly not for the purist.

It looks like EMGO. Let us know, if:
1) they are colliding with kickstarter
2) rear wheel axle will be easy to remove without muffler removal.

I expected duty to be charged but there was nothing on the packaging and so far so good.

I intended getting a pair of authentic replicas from DS but they would have been twice the price and were not available when I last checked.

I could have got CD style but prefer the CB long megaphone look. My bike will not be concours and I'm certainly not a slave to originality.

It looks like EMGO. Let us know, if:
1) they are colliding with kickstarter
2) rear wheel axle will be easy to remove without muffler removal.

To both questions I will feedback at some point .....it may be a while.:)

Back
Top Bottom