• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Zero to 600 in 6 months... with a day to spare

ancientdad

Administrator
Staff member
Total Posts
Total likes
It's been a fun ride so far since opening on June 1st, and today we hit 600 members just one day short of 6 months exactly.

Over 20,000 posts and closing in on 2000 threads total, all in an orderly fashion so anyone can find the stuff they need even with a below-average search function.

This is what we envisioned, and the best part is we answer to no one but ourselves. (y)

Congrats on reaching the milestone and THANKS to all involved in making VHT a reality! (y)

No question about it, things work better when the emphasis is on the quality of the product.

Very cool, I have been watching the numbers creep toward 600 the last week or so. 1,000 is coming!

Hopefully by the end of next April as our popularity and reputation gets around more, much to Daniel's discouragement I'm sure.

So as a follow-up to our latest numbers, I decided to visit the Wayback Machine for some comparatives with respect to the start of the old forum and the amount of progress in its first 6 months. The results are very interesting

VHT, to date - 21,388 posts in 1948 threads with 609 members

HT opened Sept. 25th 2008, so March 25th 2009 would have been 6 months. The closest the Wayback Machine can get is April 9th.

Total posts 8195 | Total topics 932 | Total members 233

I've noticed a few new UK members arriving on the other site, in introductions.

I wonder how they are finding their way there, rather than here ? Google ??

I still try and drop a few hints when I notice them, with some success.

I've noticed a few new UK members arriving on the other site, in introductions.

I wonder how they are finding their way there, rather than here ? Google ??

I still try and drop a few hints when I notice them, with some success.

Yes, a Google search for anything related to our vintage Honda twins still brings up HT sooner than VHT, but a search for a specific topic while adding "vintage Honda twins" to the end of the topic now brings up a result or two - check the 3rd non-video result in this search

https://www.google.com/search?ei=oo...hUKEwjSlInb-bbtAhXSp1kKHXQgA8gQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

The membership numbers seem to be growing faster this past month, word seems to be getting out. Bad news for the owners of HT.

We're on the brink of another milestone, 8 more new threads and 2 more posts after this one and we'll hit 2000 threads and 22,000 posts. (y) (y)

Back
Top Bottom