• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Sonic cleaner or sand/soda/etc. blaster?

Gribleon

Total Posts
Total likes
So I need to pitch a new x-mas present to my brothers and dad (we have started going in together on larger gift items for each other over the last couple of years), last year I got a heater for the garage.

Debating what I will get more use out of not just for my motorcycle projects, but for my general hobby of cleaning, repairing, refurbing stuff:

Ultrasonic cleaner - would probably aim for 2-3L capacity with temperature control
cost $150-$300
+ solution

OR

Sandblaster - self supplying gun that you just connect air to (rather then the separate supply tube, abrasive container, and compressor), would also need at least a hood or a box to work in
cost $30-$60 for gun
$30-$60 hood or $150 - $250 box
+abrasive

Love to hear your thoughts
Brand and supplier will come next, though I am happy to hear about great deals (or terrible ones that I should avoid)

As with all media blasting equipment there is a need for a high air volume compressor, something in the 10-20 CFM range https://blog.iseekplant.com.au/blog...r compressor which produces,a CFM of 50 – 100.
For ultrasonic I'd suggest a 6L unit since the smaller ones don't always allow a carb to be completely submerged.

Excellent website reference. Thank you.

I always worry about making the right decisions with these larger investments.

I know I still have more research to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom